The World Wide Web is a powerful tool which helps in searching for information on the internet. As a researcher, I use web to search journal documents, latest research in my area, conferences, etc. I am listing some of the important web sites which I think would be helpful to my fellow researchers.
1. http://scholar.google.co.in/ - Provides a search of scholarly literature across many disciplines and sources, including theses, books, abstracts and articles
2. http://www.hoovers.com/ - Provides comprehensive reports about companies, industries and people that drive the economy, along with powerful tools to find and connect to the right people to get business done
3. http://itools.com/search - Provides an interface where all search engines, social networks, etc., are integrated to make use of many of the best tools of the Web.
4. http://www.refdesk.com/ - Web site that indexes and reviews quality, credible, and current web-based resources
5. http://archives.nytimes.com/archives - The New York Times allows you to do an on-line search of their archives of NY Times articles
6. http://marketguideindia.com – Provides Indian market guide. You can also access other countries’ marketing guide as well from this site (USA, Australia, etc).
7. http://www.producemarketguide.com - The PRODUCEMARKETGUIDE.COM is your search to the Fresh Produce Industry. This is a site to connect buyers with EVERY player in the fresh produce supply chain (world wide data is available)
8. http://www.sec.gov/ - The United States Securities and Exchange Commission. You can access the EDGAR Archives here.
9. http://owl.english.purdue.edu/ - For those who want to know more about academic writing.
10. http://www.uvu.edu/owl/ - For those who want to know more about academic writing.
11. http://ai.stanford.edu/ - The Stanford AI Lab (SAIL) is the intellectual home for researchers whose primary research focus is Artificial Intelligence.
12. http://searchworks.stanford.edu/ - Stanford University Online Library.
13. http://www.lexisnexis.com - A leading global provider of web content for professionals in the legal, risk management, corporate, government, law enforcement, accounting, and academic markets.